Back in the 50s, it was common for parents to literally wash their kids mouths out with soap if they were heard cursing. There's a professor in Massachusetts who has been studying swearing for 40 years. He finds that there are a ton of benefits including:
- Swearing is a sign of intelligence: Swearing has to do with language and people that are good with language are good at generating swear words.
- Swearing may be a sign of Honesty: Believe it or not, studies find that people who swear lie less and are found to have more integrity, overall.
- Swearing Improves Pain Tolerance: Research found that people who curse after hurting themselves feel less pain when swearing rather than using a "neutral" word.
- Swearing is a sign of creativity: Right brained people are the more creative types. Swearing comes from the right side of our brains.
- Swearing Is Better Than A Physical Altercation: I mean, isn't it better to scream a profanity at someone rather than punching someone's lights out? Think about animals. They can't curse, but they can scratch and bite!
While, we're not endorsing cursing, we're really f&$#in' glad you listen!