As if ghosting wasn't challenging enough, here's a new one...semi-ghosting. I think semi-ghosting is worse than straight ghosting. When someone ghosts you, they leave you high and dry. You may have thought all was well and then you just don't hear from them again. Semi-ghosting, well, you do hear from them now and again. It's more than a romantic partner who can semi-ghost you, it could be a friend, co-worker or family member. How do you get an explanation for why your relationship has changed? You usually don't.
Experts say there are clues you're being semi-ghosted:
- They never initiate communication.
- The semi-ghoster takes forever to respond to your communication.
- When you do communicate, it's short and superficial.
- The semi-ghoster takes no interest in how you are doing or what your interests may be.
- When confronted about why communication has changed, the semi-ghoster says something superficial like they've been busy.