Whether diagnosed or not, so many of us suffer from at least a mild form of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Here are some hacks that can help with your ADHD!
- Smaller To do lists! We need to-do lists to stay on track, but they get so unmotivating when they are so long and we have so many more tasks to go to complete. Limit your lists to 3-5 items with 3 being simple and easy and 2 being important. You'll knock it out.
- Playlists and Podcasts to get you through. For those with ADHD, it's so hard to get the tedious tasks done, a favorite podcast or playlist to work with can boost seratonin and help get the job completed.
- Housework hacks. A lot of people with ADHD have trouble completing housework. The vacuum is so cumbersome, it just make the not fun task seem even more overwhelming. Piles of laundry, forget it. Get a cordless vacuum that's easy to use or a 4 pocket wheeled laundry cart. Just wheel it to the washer/dryer and get it done!
- Enjoy your reading. A lot of people with ADHD have trouble focusing on reading a book. Make a vow to only read books you enjoy. Bam.
- Stop Striving for perfection. This one is important! A lot of times those of us with ADHD procrastinate because the thought of having to do a big task is daunting because we feel we have to be perfect. It's pressure, it's overwhelming. Do something imperfect and move on from there! Get the perfectionism out of your head!