Holiday gatherings can be super stressful for introverts. Experts have some tips to help introverts maximize enjoyment and lessen stress.
- Drive separately so you can leave the gathering when you have had enough.
- Take a time out. If you're overloaded with small talk and people, it's okay to go to the bathroom, take some deep breaths and get away for a few minutes.
- Help the host with dishes, cooking, taking the trash out to focus on something else during the gathering.
- Bring a dish, it will be an easy conversation starter.
- Limit your engagements. You don't have to say yes to every invitation, do what is most comfortable for you to preserve your mental health.