If this time of the year is rough on you, you are so not alone. Seasonal Affective Disorder affects so many of us. It's the depression, low energy and fatigue we feel from late October through Springtime. Psychiatrists have some valuable information to help you combat S. A. D.
- Get as much daylight as you can.
- Get aerobic activity 4-5 times per week, if you're able. Endorphins released will help.
- Feed your body with healthy nutrients.
- Go to sleep at the same time every night, including on weekends.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol close to bedtime.
- Avoid blue light from your phone and laptop close to bedtime.
- Take daily movement breaks.
- Talk to someone you trust if you're struggling.
- Seek professional help if you need it.